Happy Thursday and Power Up Players for week 2’s Pokemon Go update! In week 1 we stumbled upon the world of Pokemon Go once again, but this time, we’re invested in actually playing the game! I was able to visit a few Poke Spots and catch many Pokemon that had eluded me when Pokemon Go first become a thing. This week I’m going back in to new Poke Spots and discovering new Pokemon and Tips! Let’s see how the week began (you can check out last week’s post by clicking here).
- Received 4 Gym Badges
- Controlled 3 Gyms
- 8 Eggs to Hatch (4 incubating)
- 192 Pokemon
My Goals for this week are to: Catch a Dratini and evolve my Chikorita into a Bayleef!
- It’s Sunday and on my first break I hatched a Pidgey and…. DRATINI!!!!!!
- Slugam was caught in the Millenia Mall
- Electrike was caught in CityWalk at Universal!
- Heracross was caught at Publix!
Best Catch: Sudowoodo ( he took 18 great balls smh, but he’s worth it!)
Strongest CP: Heracross
- Buddy Pokemon – This week I’ve discovered that you can walk with a Pokemon of your choice, known as your Buddy Pokemon. Once you have walked the distance needed, your Buddy will provide you with a candy. This is a great way to get candy to evolve that Pokemon.
- Pinap Berry – Pinap Berries can be thrown before you catch a Pokemon to make them drop extra candy. This is useful when catching rare Pokemon and needing candy to evolve them.
- Hidden Stats- You can find out which Pokemon are best by using the appraisal system. Since you can power up the CP on any Pokemon, having one with an appraisal status of “Strong” or “Awesome/Amazing” means that they are the best in their class. This made transferring Pokemon back to Professor Oak extremely easy!
- Transferring Pokemon – You can get rid of duplicate Pokemon and save space by transferring Pokemon back to Professor Oak. Each transfer is final and you will receive 1 candy for your trade.
- Community Events – There are community events that allow you to gain extra xp, better Pokemon and more. This weekend starting today, the 2 KM eggs will hatch rarer Pokemon! Make sure to start hitting your Pokestops and hatch those 2 KM eggs. Also on Sunday the 25th, it’s a rare Bulbasaur day. Bulbasaur will appear more frequently, but only for 3 hours in your region! The hours are 11am PST and 2pm EST until 2pm PST and 5pm EST. With this event you will also receive the “Frenzy Plant” move by evolving a Bulbasaur to an Ivysaur or to a Venusaur during the 3 hour window!
- I took over 1 gym at Turkey Lake Park with Roselia… It’s now being held by Rhyhorn (see Adventure Updates lol).
- I took over 3 more gyms during the week: 1 at the library, 1 at Publix and 1 at a park.
- This weekend I participated in The Great Inflatable Race 5K at Bill Frederick’s Park At Turkey Lake (Turkey Lake Park for us locals lol) and in between the obstacles, I was playing Pokemon Go. I was able to take over one of the gym’s there and I placed a 933 Roselia (caught in my room the night before) in the gym. Not even 30 minutes later Roselia returned to me!!!!! So I went back to the park after my friends and I ate breakfast and I retook the gym, this time placing in my Rhyhorn.
- One night my friend and I had to leave the house for a few minutes at night. We drove to Publix down the street and took over the gym, then drove around to a few Pokestops. When we were driving back home, the Publix had been taken over!!!! There was a white truck that pulled up when we were there and we laughed saying they were playing Pokemon. Apparently we were right because the gym was overrun by Team Instinct (Team Yellow). No worries, we retook the gym and held it for the remainder of the night collecting 50 Poke Coins each.
- I was able to complete both goals and I hatched a Dratini and evolved my Chikorita into a Bayleef!
Unusual Sightings/ Misc:
- Universal Studios is a great place to catch Pokemon and rack up on Pokestops. (right hand side)
- Cranes Roost Park in Altamonte is another great area to rack up on Pokestops, but the gyms there are super strong. You need a party to overtake and hold them. (left hand side)
Goals for Next Week:
My Goals for next week are to participate in the Community Event and Evolve my Bulbasaur to receive the Frenzy Plant move. I also want to evolve my Ralts so I’m hoping to hatch once in a 2 KM egg to receive more candy.
That’s my update for Pokemon Go this week! What are you currently playing? Are you working towards any Pokemon Go goals? Are you going to participate in the community events? What are some tips that you have learned? Let’s talk Pokemon!