Happy Wednesday and Power up Players for the GamersunitedGG Blogging Competition Week 1 standings! The blogging competition is going well and I encourage everyone interested to participate! Today we will award the points for Week 1’s prompt. Let’s take a look at the rules:
- Each week there will be a topic that you will write about (the prompt posts will be released each Monday at 11:30am EST). This is a 3 week competition!
- On the designated due date all entries must be posted (you can post anytime before the due date). Submissions after the due date will be reviewed but not submitted for the challenge that week.
- Make sure to link back to the prompt post (This Post) each week and place a link to your submission post in the comments section.
- Each week the top 3 posts will receive 10, 7 or 5 points. All other participants will receive 3 points. At the end of the 3rd week, the participant with the most points wins (There will be 3 Winners).
- 1st Place will receive a large Mystery Box of gaming and geeky items!
- 2nd Place will receive a small Mystery Box of gaming and geeky items!
- 3rd Place will receive a giftcard!
- Week 1: January 8- January 15th – You’re designing a video game and the main character needs to be created. Describe your main character. What 3 power ups or abilities would you choose for the character and why?
Flying Colours was the first participant to strike with the blue eyed, handsome male character who could fly!
I can see this character being a sort of Superhero in the video game and the added twist of him being able to transform into different people and read their minds backs up my assumption! I really enjoy comics and Superheros so I was excited about what a game with this character would entail.
Pix1001 from Shoot The Rookie came in to save the day with a tree hugging, environment saving, seemingly high angst character called Osha!
Aside from the cool name, Osha’s desription of the “Torn jeans with big pockets for carrying stuff, short spiky hair and a T-shirt with a picture of her favourite bird on it” reminds me of a teen or young adult character that resembles a character from Splatoon! I can picture big animated features and I rebellious personality. Pix did a fantatsic job of describing the abilities of Osha and I felt that Invincibility, Haste and Healing matched the character’s personality very well (I mean healing can do wonders for saving the planet!).
Daniel from Home Button was the final level in week 1’s submission and boy did he not disappoint! I really enjoyed Daniel running down the details of his character Jin Usagi in a sort of Dossier, FBI’s Most Wanted kind of fashion.
Off the back I felt as if I were reading crime-fighting, assassin type game. Jin is a trained killer (or so we believe) and he is “driven by honor, duty and loyalty” which makes him exceptionally charismatic. Daniel’s video game seems a bit darker and reminds me of the games like Metal Gear Solid or L.A Noire. I love how the main character is essentially on the run and portrayed as a high priority target.
All three entrants developed fantasic characters for their games and I can automatically visualize what each character might look like. Now let’s award the points for week one and don’t forget to clik on the links to read each participants’ response!
3rd Place receiving 5 Points – Flying Colours! While I enjoyed and could picture your character the other entrants gave a bit more detail and a name. Read Entry Here!
2nd Place receiving 7 points – Daniel from Home Button! Your entry was really well done and I love the premise! Read Entry Here!
1st Play receiving 10 points – Pix1001 from Shoot the Rookie! I reallyyyy enjoyed your entry and the character profile. Your chracter makes me want to play the game immediately without knowing any other details! Read Entry Here!
Thank you for everyone that participated this week! Week 2’s prompt is live and I encourage everyone to enter! Remember, you can still enter week 1 and will receive the 3 Points for participation. The top 3 players with the most points at the end of Week 3 will receive the prizes! Check out week 1 and the official rules by clicking here!
What did you think of the competition on week 1? Who are your favorites and which character did you like the best? Submissions due next Wednesday 1/24/18 for Week 2 which is the Villain of your game!