Happy Tuesday Novas! Thank you for reading today’s rankings post! Before last month, I would post my Top Rankings for a specified topic and give my reasons why. Now that November is over, I can get back to the Rankings Posts and this week we are keeping with the Holiday Spirit!
I will be Ranking my: Favorite Holiday Characters! Let’s see my top characters from least favorite to favorite!
- Santa Claus – I’m not really a Santa Claus kind of girl. When I think back, I never believed in Santa because my grandmother let us know up front who purchased the presents lol. I also think that I was too smart for my age and I would’ve questioned everything, like if Santa goes down chimneys and we don’t have one (I mean I live in Florida), is he just breaking in our house at night? Rather than having to make up a story as to how Santa broke in and risk scaring me for life, my grandmother just never mentioned Santa until we went to take pictures with him at the mall.
- Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer– The story of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer is an inspiring one about being who you are and cherishing attributes that are different. Rudolph went through adversity with having a bright red nose but he never gave up on his dreams of being a part of Santa’s sleigh. He ended up finding his purpose in the world and making friends!
- The Grinch– I have ALWAYS loved the Grinch. I’m a sucker for the stories of characters finding themselves and coming around in the end and my affinity for villains makes the choice of the Grinch no huge surprised. I watch The Grinch Who Stole Christmas multiple times during the Holiday season and I really love Max, the dog! The Grinch has captured my heart when I was a girl and it grows 2 sizes every year!
- Gingerbread Man- The Gingerbread bread man is a classic character and treat to have during the Holidays. Specifically, I am talking about Gingy from Shrek. Gingy is an essential part of Christmas for me.When I was younger, each year we would build Gingerbread Houses and have Hot Chocolate in class and at home. The comfortable feeling of the Holidays is inspired by Gingerbread men for me.
- Frosty The Snowman– The number 1 holiday character for me has always been Frosty the Snowman. Maybe it’s because I have never seen or touched snow in my life, so I end up wanting to build a snowman every year! Frosty was the friend I always wanted growing up and I still get teary eyed when he melts at the end of the movie. Frosty is the pinnacle of friendship and togetherness for the Holidays!
Those are my rankings of my favorite Holiday Characters from least favorite to favorite! Who did I miss? What are your favorite holiday characters and why? Let’s Talk Holidays!