Hiya Players and Novas! Today’s post will be a discussion post on the recent changes that I have been making on the blog. I really enjoy blogging, point blank. I am very social in real life so blogging and being social online is something that naturally appeals to me. I have met so many wonderful bloggers, gamers and downright awesome people so I want to keep on chugging! Recently I have added a few more bloggers to GamersUnitedGG so that we can increase the range of posts and diversity on the blog. The newest blogger to join us is Dale & his posts will show up as BTDPress! Check out his first post on The Psychology of Gaming here! Welcome to the team Dale!
I’ve been making some changes and upgrades to gain more exposure for the blog. We have a few social media outlets in which you can stop by and read/interact with the posts. My goal is to have a fully functioning blog that represents the gaming and geek culture. With that said I am branching out and trying to change a few minor things on the blog.
- The First Impression & Game Review Posts – will now have a ranking at the end of the post. This will appear directly below the Play/Skip sections. I saw a great option for Hearts on the DoubleJump blog that I may use.
- Dedication – I’m going to strive to have at least 1 First Impressions or full Game Review every 2 weeks. (I want to have one weekly but I figured I should start slow first lol)
- Patreon – I have been seeing a few of my blogging buddies have started using Patreon to help fund their efforts in blogging. I am setting up a Patreon account and it will go live soon for anyone interested in helping support our efforts.
- Activities – I am trying to be more active with the blogging community as a whole (Twitter, Tumblr, etc). The minor problem is that my job has now thrown off my work/blog balance (which is why I haven’t posted in 2 days) so I need to come up with another way to stabilize.
- Halloween Challenge/ Guest Blog Posts – The Guest Blog Post for this week is Zombie Survival. There’s still time to enter your 500 words or less response to How will you survive. Enter and link your post on the original post for use to read!
- Game Review – I found a gaming company that wanted bloggers to review their mobile game. This will be our first request to review a game post so I’m making sure that I am thoroughly playing the game.
- October’s Question of the Month- Read our Question of the Month post on the video game mercenary that we would hire and then check out our blogging buddies responses! You can vote for your favorite over at Later Levels by clicking here! Their post goes up October 16th!
- NaNoWriMo – I am planning to participate in the National November Writer’s Month Challenge where you would write 50,000 words on a novel. This is my first undertaking of the challenge and I want to do well so I am outlining the story that I would like to work on.
- Collaborations – I love collaborating with other bloggers. I am looking to do more collaboration posts. If you would like to collaborate email us or comment below!
- Book Review The King’s Curse- so I started reading the Kings Curse again and it got realllll interesting. I’m about a 3rd of the way through so I look to finish the book and the review by the end of the month.
That’s what we’re working on so far. What are you currently working on? What are your plans? Are you making any upgrades or changes to your blog or blogging process? How are you going from Player to Professional? Let’s talk blogging!
Have a great week!