Happy Monday Players and thank you for turning on GamersUnitedGG! Last week we started a Guest Blog Challenge in which we want you guys to write short stories (500 words or less) in regards to our themes and submit them! The prize, well recognition of course, a spot on our Game Credits thank you page with your blog linked and a Guest Blog Post on GamersUnitedGG! We love interacting with the community and we’d love to get more bloggers to be featured on the site so have fun and participate!
Here’s my thoughts on the posts submitted:
I loved how Chris described the scenery of the mansion. He exhibited video game tendencies by allowing the reader to see the choices that were before him. I really felt like I was playing the game alongside of Chris and it was a big plus! We’ve all been there choosing the wrong path like in Crash Bandicoot and having to go back to the fork in the road. This post brought back nostalgic memories for sure! And is it me or does it remind your of a Goosebumps Choose Your Own path book?
Ellen’s comedic response had me laughing from the start. I like how she incorporated other gaming classic characters in her response. Her response reminds me of myself when playing games, if I hear something creepy I’ll try to not look at it. Because if you make eye contact it will eat you right?
Incognita’s post was really funny. It starts out very professional and sounds like a Memoir of sorts. She references the type of puzzle games where you have to find the key to get inside which was all too familiar. She exhibited typical video game behaviors like listening for footsteps and looking for clues. I could envision the game and the steps that were taken.
Each response was great and made me feel like I was playing the game so great job everyone!
The winner from the first week’s post is…. They will be choosing the theme for Next Week’s post! The Winner is… Drum roll please…
Lightning Ellen! Congratulations! Thank you to all participants!
Take a look at all 3 entrants in the challenge for last week and comment below on which one you liked the best!
- A Super Spooky Tale of Spookiness – Submitted by Chris at Overthinker Y
- Haunted Mansion Mania – Submitted by Lightning Ellen
- Spooky Story Time – Submitted by Sincerely Incognita
On to this week’s theme and prompt!
Game Guide (Rules):
- Each week there will be a theme revealed for the challenge (these themes can be anything from pop culture, to movies, to of course video games and more)
- You will submit your blog post of no more than 500 words relating to the theme
- Link back to the themed post and paste your link in the comments
- Each theme will go up on Monday and all posts are due by Sunday Night
- Each week the winner will be able to choose the next week’s theme, and receive a Guest Blog Post of their choosing on GamersUnitedGG !
- This week we will try a poll, you can vote for your favorite on the Monday post
This week’s theme is: Survival!
Prompt: You woke up to find out the world is now an apocolyptic place infected with traditional zombies. List your rules of survival, places to go to or hold up in, and your plan to get there. How do you survive?
Good luck to everyone that participates! Complete the scenario and write your Halloween Themed post of 500 words or less! Once you are completed, post your link in the comments for everyone to read! The posts are due by Sunday Night October 15th and the Winner will be announced Monday October 16th!
Have a great week and I can’t wait to see your Zombie Survival Post!