It’s THROWBACK THURSDAY!
Luna and I love music so we decided that this week would be perfect to pull together our Top 5 Throwback Thursday Party Hits! Luna and I have a bit of a age gap and apparently party style so our Top 5 is completely different!
Nagems- Top 5
- For those of you who are 90’s babies, I’m pretty sure this is somewhere on your list too! I remember watching Britney Spears perform on TV and thinking… “OH MY God, I want to be her!” Not only was I, a super fan, but I even had the Backpack and Lunch box with her face on it….
2. Not only was I obsessed with the Pop Princess but I also LOVED Barbie’s! From the age of 3-12, I carried my favorite Malibu Barbie with me everywhere….yeah you read that right, till the age of 12! Obviously it’s only fitting that this song would be on my Party list.
3. What party would be complete without your classic Girl Group?!? This song literally makes you want to jump on the couch with a hairbrush microphone screaming at the top of your lungs next to your best friends. Zigazig Ah!
4. The Pop Princess returns to the list! I mean…is anyone really shocked?? Who doesn’t love the idea of dancing down the hall with pig-tail braids and a sexy school girl outfit?? I mean I have only done it in my dreams but still….!
5. Last but certainly not LEAST-my HOMEGIRL and DIVA QUEEN! Not only did I love to sing along to this every time it played on the radio, I dressed up as a Genie for Halloween that year! My friends and I would listen to this and make the hand gestures each time!
Wow great list Megan! While I can appreciate Genie in a Bottle, Spice Girls and Baby One More time, my interpretation of party hits took a left turn at Albequrque!
My 5 party songs seem to be in a different era than that of Nagems. Keep in mind that she is 22 and I’m 31 so yea… there’s that lol. The songs on my list shouldn’t have been heard by her as she would have been crazy young. As I was going down my list, I noticed that my songs are from the same genre, oh well lol. My choices are based on songs that I know immediately have my friends going ohhhh this is my jam!
Luna’s Top 5 Party Hits!
First up we have Hot In Here by Nelly! – This is a party classic. As soon as you start playing this song, all of the dance hit from the early 2000’s like the chicken hand and stanky leg are being shown on the dance floor.
Next we have Salt Shaker by Lil Jon and the Ying Yang Twins. This song and Get Low were southern classics at parties and clubs. This was when the down south its took over the radio like Nelly, Ludacris, T.I., etc. This never fails to get me up and dancing.
The Thong Song by Sisqo. I don’t really count this as a party song but this song is hilarious and when you play it at a party, people are like, really??? Sisqo… OOOOHHHHH!
Where the party at? By Jagged Edge Featuring Nelly was always a great hit. Between the original version and the remix with everyone and their uncle in it, I loved hearing the drop of the beat at the beginning of the song!
Back That Thang Up– this is really a classic party hit. It’s a little more on the rugged side of things but it never fails to get people up out of their seats to pop or twerk until the song ends lol.
Alright now it’s time for use to hear from you! What are your favorite Party Hits? Whose list did you like the best? Let’s talk party hits!
-Luna & Nagems!