Happy Tuesday Novas and Gamers! This past labor day weekend was the last chance for players to get in on the WWII Beta before the game releases November 3rd, 2017. I started playing last weekend with the early access beta for PS4 and I’d like to share some.of my thoughts. First, I was only able to play maybe a total of 6 matches both weekends because I had a pretty busy schedule, ughh. I’m actually pretty annoyed that I didn’t have more time to play.
The beta included 3 maps but I don’t think I’ve played 2: One was a a building in like a wooded area. There was a bunker, a tank and I want to say a church or something. This map had 3 clear lanes, left to the water and woods, right to the building and down the middle y the tank. The other map I played was a town or a compound with a few buildings.I honestly don’t remember too much of the map, all I remember is going through the tunnel and shooting people in the back rofl.
- A person on my team with the CMPR clan tag, yet he went 3 and 22! (sooo did you not camp?? lol).
- The molotov cocktails! – Seeing people go in flames with the molotov cocktails hit them
- Running to the spawn and getting a triple kil… before running out of sprint and getting killed myself lol
What I Liked:
- The game play- With this COD game we are back to boots being n the ground. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the jetpack and super jump feeling of the last 3 games, but I’m ready for something else. More drop and jump shots are going to be used this time. I didn’t have any trouble with my bullets registering or dying too fast. The beta seemed pretty balanced for me.
- The Feel – It’s definitely Call of Duty. I love the feeling it gave me when I was yelling out “Just install your game now, you’re trashhhhhh” lol. Ok I can get intense when playing but it’s all fun and I missed having that feeling.
What I didn’t Like:
- Dude, where’s my perks?– One of my main grievances was the setup of the classes. I’m used to being able to place marathon, sleight of hand and ninja on my classes as a perk. I didn’t really find a custom perk setup ike previous games had. Yes, you can get marathon by using the Airborne class and you can add on attachments to give you sleight of hand or steady aim, but I didn’t want to use a slot on my gun for it.
- Maps– The Maps were fun but I’ve never been a fan for maps with more than 1 building. The 2 maps that I played were god sizes althoungh the one map reminded me of a map from Black Ops II.
- The Weapons– I didn’t play World at War which is supposed to be the inspiration for WWII so I wasn’t quite sure what guns to expect (other than you know, old school guns). Again, I didn’t get much playing time because it was a busy 2 weekends for me, but I didn’t like the guns that I was playing with. This can definitely change because I only had a few things unlocked.
Overall I liked the game enough to decide to keep my pre-order. I hope that the actual game is a bit more customizable with the weapons, but other than that it was a great time! Did you play the beta? What’s your favorite COD game? What did you like about the game or hope that they would install? Let’s talk Call of Duty!