If you are a Disney fan, mobile game lover, or just like to spend countless hours starting at a 4in. screen, then please, read on…
For over a 1 1/2, I have been obsessed with the Disney Magic Kingdoms App released by Gameloft. Although I am a huge Disney fanatic, the game itself is so beautiful and amazingly detailed it’s insane. The creators of the game really took the time and effort to design everything true to how the Disney Universe is.
Basically, the evil Maleficent has cast an evil spell on the Kingdom and it’s your job to help Mickey and his friends defeat the wicked Maleficent to restore the Kingdom as it once was. Throughout your adventure, you will meet a variety of new and classic characters like Pluto, Chip and Dale, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Dash, Walle, Simba, and more! Each character will go through their own Heroic Quests to help level your Kingdom and defeat Maleficent.
Along your journey, you will collect…
- Magic: Currency collected to purchase attractions, outfits, decorations and more!
- Gems: Premium Currency that unlocks chests and speeds up character tasks. Gems can be purchased for real $$$ and sometimes they have special promotions or bundle packs!
- Happiness: You can’t have a Disney Kingdom without having a bunch of visitors wanting to have their wishes granted! Visitors will request to meet with Characters like Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Bo Peep, Cinderella, and more! The more wishes you grant, the happier the Kingdom!
- Attractions: The attractions are probably my favorite to collect! They are so detailed and if you zoom in while playing, you can see them move and the characters who are completing tasks. Some of my favorite attractions so far are The Tree of Life, Snuggly Duckling, Be Our Guest Restaurant, Broomstick Graveyard, Jumpin Jellyfish and of course Cinderella’s Castle!
- Decorations: To complete your Kingdom, you can use magic to purchase decorations or collect them from Treasure Chests. Decorations can be themed to match Attractions areas and range from Benches, Statues, Topiary’s, Concession Stands and more! They also have unique items like Cannons, Olaf Sand Sculptures, Simba’s Tree, Gargoyle Lamps, and more!
- Treasure Chests: Treasure Chests are hidden throughout the Kingdom and contain prizes like Magic, Happiness, Decorations, and Attractions.
- Character Outfits/Tokens: At this time, only a handful of Characters have outfits that you can earn and wear. Each outfit has special tasks that the character can complete. I have listed a few here..
- Special Events: Throughout the year, the game releases Special Events to keep the game new and exciting! Right now, we have the Lion King Event! In the past we have had events for Holidays like Halloween and Christmas, and to welcome new character groups like Mulan, The Incredible’s, and Frozen to name a few!
Alright guys, I have gone over most of the details of the game and I hope you adore it as much as I do! I may not be a big gamer but when it comes to Disney, I just can’t resist! If you download the game, let me know what you like about it or what you favorite attraction is!
Until next time,