Hiya Gamers, Geeks and Friends! Firstly, thank you for checking out the blog! Today I will be starting Ultimate Thursday TKO (duh) which will be a weekly segment that pits a League of Legends character against a Smite character for the ultimate MOBA showdown! I will present the arguments and have you the reader decide who would win that battle.Today’s showdown will be Bastet (Smite) versus Nidalee (LOL) so let’s Pounce into the action!
Lore- Bastet is the Egyptian Goddess of the Cats and daughter of the Sun god Ra. Nidalee is the Bestial Hunter raised by cougars in the Kumunga Jungle. From the lore alone we can start pointing out a few similarities between these 2 fierce feminine felines (say that 3 times fast!). Both have inherited primal traits from the cat and cougar. Bastet has a more domestic side, however her claws can come out when approached with danger while Nidalee has that raw, carnal persona from having to survive the deadly jungle.
Abilities- Let’s start with Nidalee’s abilities. She has Prowl, Javelin Toss/Take down, Bushwhack/Pounce, Primal Surge/Swipe and Aspect of the Cougar. Aspect of the Cougar is an ability that allows Nidalee to transform into a Cougar which is why she has double abilities. The 1st part of her abilities are in human form and the other will be in primal cougar form. Here’s a quick overview of each skill:
- Javelin Toss– Nidalee tosses her Javelin dealing magic damage. Takedown– The next attack deals additional damage
- Bushwhack allows our champion to trap, damage and reveal it’s target. Pounce allows Nidalee to lunge in the targets direction dealing damage to nearby enemies
- Primal Surge heals target allies and buffs attack speed. Swipe will allow the cougar to claw at her enemies in a target direction.
Now let’s take a look at Bastet’s abilities. Open Would, Pounce, Razor Whip, Declaw and Cat Call.
- Open Wound is the passive that does additional DOT (damage over time) damage for 3 seconds after a target is hit.
- Pounce allows the goddess to leap to a target location dealing damage and return back to the initial location within 4 seconds.
- Razor Whip is a swipe move that causes bleed damage for 4 seconds.
- Declaw allows Bastet to throw her dagger both slowing and damaging the target.
- Cat Call is the ultimate that summons 3 large cats to attack and slow enemies.
Roles- Both characters are assassin’s due to their speed and critical hit potential so their roles are simple, Jungle. The assassins jump in and out of the Jungle dealing
high critical attack damage on a single target.
The Battle- Nidalee starts things off with a Javelin Throw that Bastet dodges by Pouncing in the air towards Nidalee. Nidalee counters with Bushwhack trapping Bastet. With the target trapped, Nidalee uses Aspect of the Cougar to transform and Pounce dealing damage. Bastet use Declaw after being hit slowing the cougar. With Nidalee slowed and taking DOT damage due to Open Wound Bastet uses Razor Whip which is met by Nidalee’s Takedown and Swipe. With both assassins wounded Nidalee Pounces towards Bastet again. Bastet also Pounces jumping over Nidalee and releasing her ultimate Cat Call to corral the cougar. About 3 seconds afterwards Bastet pounces back to her original position where Nidalee is swiping at the 3 large cats and finishes her opponent with Razor Whip.
Bastet towers over her opponent with only 1 large cat remaining as the victor with a bittersweet feeling of remorse. Bastet is the sworn ruler and protector of cats and even as Nidalee lies on the Jungle floor, she feels responsibility and sympathy for the cougar. Nidalee opens her eyes to find Bastet stroking her pelt and lets out a cry of respect. Nidalee returns to her feet on all fours, bows her head towards Bastet and walks back into the Kumunga Jungle from which she emerged. The great warrior has nothing to be ashamed of, a well fought battle leaves her with insight and a new friend.
That’s my opinion of the outcome of Ultimate Thursday TKO, what are your thoughts? Do you agree with the winner? How would you change the battle? Leave a comment and let me know! Also, which Champions would you like to see featured in an Ultimate Thursday TKO battle?
Thank you for watching as the action unfolds, tune in next time for another Dragon Ball… Wait… hahaha… for another Ultimate Thursday TKO (had to do it lol)!